Wednesday, April 1, 2026

April 2026: Poetry as Practice, Process, Progress…

Welcome back! For the fourth year running, I am committing myself to the daily practice of publishing one piece of poetry each day during National Poetry Month. When I first started this challenge, I was focused on production and output, but as my personal notebook practice has deepened, that goal has shifted to dipping back into the well, reflecting, and articulating with the raw material already living in my notebooks.

I am committed to honoring the personal wellness that is poetry, both the reading of it and the writing of it. And the pursuit of consistent daily writing continues to be a worthy one. Because my poem a day project celebrates the process of discovery rather than the polish of a final product, I am challenging myself to keeping my poems short and sustainable this year.

Last year, I mentioned my hope that this space might eventually branch out into a broader project. I still don't have a map for what that looks like, and I’m okay with that. I am trusting that by immersing myself in language and lines and stanzas this month, I will find new clarity for this moment, and perhaps a new understanding of where my voice wants to go next.


No comments:

Post a Comment

April 30: At Ithaca Falls

  A photo that wasn’t supposed  to be taken, a snapshot off kilter  demands self compassion,  the crepey neck lines   the broadness of a fac...