Friday, April 10, 2026

April 10: Thanksgiving 2025

 



Each of you began first as a flutter,

a blurry grain of rice, a beating heart,

taking up at most a half inch onscreen.

Now, how many more screens we look at.

We don’t consider that once, you were a wet

blur, a pulsing in black and white, compelled

by impulse and wonder. Before remembering

even yourself, you were chasing flavors and

tumbling to the beat of my heart. This truth:

You did not arrive to me by chance, no.

You were hand-picked for who I am now,

and when you were barely a blink,

no bigger than a blade of grass, a petal,

that greenness grew into newness for me.

I never knew before how bendable I could be.



Written beside “The Heartbeat of My Unborn Child” by Heather Lanier

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 30: At Ithaca Falls

  A photo that wasn’t supposed  to be taken, a snapshot off kilter  demands self compassion,  the crepey neck lines   the broadness of a fac...